Saturday, April 16, 2011

German Pancakes



Crunchy, fluffy, and super easy German pancakes have stolen my heart!
I can't help feeling like this will become a regular request for Saturday Family Breakfast


German Pancakes:
1c. Flour
1c. Milk
1/4 c. Butter
6 eggs lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 tsp. Almond extract
2 tbsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg

Raspberry sauce:
1/2 bag good quality frozen raspberries
1/4 c. Sugar (adjust to tartness of berries)
1/2 tbsp. butter
pinch of salt
Place in a microwave safe bowl and heat 1-2 minutes of until sugar is melted. stir and drizzle over finished pancakes. 

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in 13x9 baking dish or  divide and melt in 2 pie pans.

In large mixing bowl combine flour, milk, eggs, extracts, sugar and nutmeg and whisk until smooth. Pour batter into buttery pans and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.


When the cakes come out they should be browned and puffy, mine have buttery pools in the center of them, YUM!

Dust with powdered sugar, cut into slices, drizzle with raspberry sauce and devour!

This is an easy and impressive dish to make for guests. Batter may even be made the night before.
serves 4-6

Next week I think I will try a savory version of this.  I'm thinking prosciutto, green onions, and cheese!

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!


Peace and poofy pancakes!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm.. Those look delicious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    I would love for you to link up to my first linky party! :) {nifty thrifty sunday}
    xoxo from Germany,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday} and making my first party such a great success! I would love if you stopped by tomorrow and share more of your cute projects! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...